LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Quote:
Quote:
Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2016, 11:57 AM

Look like my password got reset again, no notification of it happening. Can't imagine this being good for the site. Some people might not even come back.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uoeno View Post
Look like my password got reset again, no notification of it happening. Can't imagine this being good for the site. Some people might not even come back.
Hey there

I looked in to your account and I can see a manual reset request. Did you request this as a means to fix a failed login?

If the login failed, it's likely your browser pulled an old cookie with a dated password, and did not recognize your correct password. Try a cookies and cache clear if you come across this again.

Dayle

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page