New Infinitis, What about QX70? - Infiniti QX70 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Default New Infinitis, What about QX70?

Infiniti just laid out their plans for the 2016 Model Year which sees the Q30 join ranks, the Q60 on hiatus and the QX70 stuck in status quo.

Replacing the last gen G37-rebadged-Q40 will be a new 2.0T option for the Q50. Infiniti expects the new engine and the new Q30 to act as their new entry level offers.

Joining the Q30 as all new will be the Q60 coupe which Infiniti showed us at the Detroit Auto Show back in January. Expect to see the coupe available with a 3.0L TT V6 and the above mentioned 2.0T. Unclear if they will still offer the NA V6. Coupes are expected in stores late-summer/early fall 2016 as a MY2017, there will be no MY2016 Q60.

The 2.0T on offer in Q30, Q50 and Q60 is the same mill in the Mercedes CLA/GLA tandem. Infiniti will detail specs later on in the year, but considering they share an assembly line in Tennessee I wouldn't expect much difference from the 211 hp and 258 ft-lb figures it makes in the European Q50.

Rounding out the details, a revised QX50 is expected in September 2015, in October the QX80 Signature Edition will hit stores and in November the Q70 will gain a Premium Edition.

The 2016 QX70 will remain identical to the 2015 model. A redesign is likely for late 2018 or early 2019.
post #2 of 2 Old 03-18-2016, 01:34 PM

At this point they're just playing out the production cycle with the QX70, it's just too bad the redesign couldn't come out sooner but as long as they keep the last years of the current generation up to expectations within the segment, then there shouldn't be much of a problem, some people might not even think much of the next gen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page