QX70 competitors / competition - Infiniti QX70 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Default QX70 competitors / competition

What cars compete closely with the QX70? I find that the QX70 is a bit unique in the industry with its handling and performance. I view it as a sport SUV.
post #2 of 39 Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQV6 View Post
What cars compete closely with the QX70? I find that the QX70 is a bit unique in the industry with its handling and performance. I view it as a sport SUV.
QX70s main competitors are the BMW X5, Mercedes ML, Audi Q7 and the Nissan Murano although your right its style certainly does put it in a class of its own, a sporty sports utility vehicle as you put it. Although the X5 will give the QX70 a run for its money performance wise, the Q7 is a Volkswagen Touraeg, the Merc is a brick and the Murano is QX70s brand brother..

MSRPs:

QX70: $44,950
X5: $52,800
ML: $47,790
Q7: $47,700
Murano: $28,400

Clearly the Murano wins in price comparisons but the Nissan is clearly not luxury, just an option if you want a comparable package without all the wizard gizmos QX70 brings.
post #3 of 39 Old 08-29-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coochie View Post
QX70s main competitors are the BMW X5, Mercedes ML, Audi Q7 and the Nissan Murano although your right its style certainly does put it in a class of its own, a sporty sports utility vehicle as you put it. Although the X5 will give the QX70 a run for its money performance wise, the Q7 is a Volkswagen Touraeg, the Merc is a brick and the Murano is QX70s brand brother..

MSRPs:

QX70: $44,950
X5: $52,800
ML: $47,790
Q7: $47,700
Murano: $28,400

Clearly the Murano wins in price comparisons but the Nissan is clearly not luxury, just an option if you want a comparable package without all the wizard gizmos QX70 brings.
Don't forget the Lexus RX, it's going to be a serious competitor, especially with it's Hybrid model and the speculated F-Sport model. Seeing how Infiniti has the tech needed it might be time to start making a QX70 Hybrid and IPL.

post #4 of 39 Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

The new RX looks great. I am seriously looking into one but would like it to sit in the market for a bit longer to see if there are any problems. I use to own an older RX and it had its share of problems down the road.
post #5 of 39 Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQV6 View Post
The new RX looks great. I am seriously looking into one but would like it to sit in the market for a bit longer to see if there are any problems. I use to own an older RX and it had its share of problems down the road.
the problem with them they're not as performance and sport oriented as the FX/QX70, so if you're looking for a fast and sporty SUV....the lexus RX won't be it.
post #6 of 39 Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

The new RX350 F Sport does take it to one more level with it comes to sportiness.

I am curious on ride comfort between the RX350 F and the QX70. Also looking at comparing the new MDX as well.
post #7 of 39 Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Don't forget the Lexus RX, it's going to be a serious competitor, especially with it's Hybrid model and the speculated F-Sport model. Seeing how Infiniti has the tech needed it might be time to start making a QX70 Hybrid and IPL.
I can't decide if I think a QX70 Hybrid would sell that well or not. I find it odd to put hybrid technology in larger vehicles that are really not focused on fuel economy at all. A hybrid version would be a bit better to the environment, but it would not be a "green" vehicle. Maybe there is more of a market for hybrids suvs than I know of though...
post #8 of 39 Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronie View Post
I can't decide if I think a QX70 Hybrid would sell that well or not. I find it odd to put hybrid technology in larger vehicles that are really not focused on fuel economy at all. A hybrid version would be a bit better to the environment, but it would not be a "green" vehicle. Maybe there is more of a market for hybrids suvs than I know of though...
they can just make it in such a way that the hybrid system only works at lower RPM's and lower speeds just for efficient city commuting and allow it's real power to be unleashed as you get higher up the RPM range
post #9 of 39 Old 09-10-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
they can just make it in such a way that the hybrid system only works at lower RPM's and lower speeds just for efficient city commuting and allow it's real power to be unleashed as you get higher up the RPM range
The most unappealing part of these larger vehicles is the fuel economy. maybe by giving people hybrid options in them they could sell a lot more of them. Are there any examples of large hybrid vehicles like the QX70?
post #10 of 39 Old 09-10-2013, 06:41 PM

it's too early to start thinking about a hybrid setup in a sporty suv
it's best if they stick with the smaller infiniti's first, Q50, Q30, QX50 and eventually the QX70.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page