Rumor: High-Performance IPL QX70 to be like a Cayenne Turbo S - Infiniti QX70 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Default Rumor: High-Performance IPL QX70 to be like a Cayenne Turbo S

I have a friend that works for Infiniti that said we could be expecting a high performance IPL QX70 that will be like a Cayenne Turbo S in some ways. He didn't go into detail but if you know about Infiniti's involvement in Formula 1, the Nissan GT-R and their efforts to take the brand to new levels, it will all start to make sense.

My expectations will be an IPL QX70 being a mix of the Vettel FX, Nissan GT-R and some stuff to bring it closer to a Cayenne Turbo S.

Has anyone had some seat time in a Cayenne? Specifically the Turbo S?

Last edited by uoeno; 10-18-2013 at 03:04 PM.
post #2 of 34 Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM

So we're talking V8 Turbo power here? 550 hp from the Cayene Turbo S and a $160K price tag. Are we talking about direct competition in terms of price and performance or are we talking about a giant slayer. QX70 with 500+ ponies and a sub $100K tag?
post #3 of 34 Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coochie View Post
So we're talking V8 Turbo power here? 550 hp from the Cayene Turbo S and a $160K price tag. Are we talking about direct competition in terms of price and performance or are we talking about a giant slayer. QX70 with 500+ ponies and a sub $100K tag?
Not entirely but it could get up to that, we'll have to wait and see, but I think for starters it will have a twin turbo 6 cylinder engine.

post #4 of 34 Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 AM

considering its built on the G37 platform.. what could they really do?

it already comes with a V8

Soo. Turbocharged V8?

Or twin turbo V6 from the GTR with a retrofitted AWD system?

That thing would be pricey.
post #5 of 34 Old 10-21-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQV6 View Post
considering its built on the G37 platform.. what could they really do?

it already comes with a V8

Soo. Turbocharged V8?

Or twin turbo V6 from the GTR with a retrofitted AWD system?

That thing would be pricey.
someone at Nissan already did the Juke Nismo with GTR goodies. So they're not immune to insanity over there, it could be done, but whats the point? Is there a business case? Is there unmet demand in that segment...

I don't see many Turbo S' so i have to think that may be a niche purchase..
post #6 of 34 Old 10-22-2013, 09:42 AM

actually that was a tuning shop who did the Juke R.

not Nissan
post #7 of 34 Old 10-22-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

A Porsche Cayenne Turbo S or Macan Turbo S's worst nightmare will be production model Juke-R 'supercars'

Nissan to build production Juke-R supercars | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews
post #8 of 34 Old 10-22-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQV6 View Post
actually that was a tuning shop who did the Juke R.

not Nissan
It was Nissan UKs idea, they just sourced the work to a tuning house.. Nissan is selling them as well through Nissan dealers. I'd say the Juke R is pretty Nissan...
post #9 of 34 Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM

I think that people would be interested in a powerful QX70 that could match up to the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. It would have to be cheaper though. i don't think that people would be willing to pay the same amount for an Infiniti that they are a Porsche.

It would be the top trim level for the QX70. Pricing it just below $100,000 I think would be the sweet spot. Still expensive, but in comparison to the cost of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, it looks far more affordable.
post #10 of 34 Old 10-23-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronie View Post
I think that people would be interested in a powerful QX70 that could match up to the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. It would have to be cheaper though. i don't think that people would be willing to pay the same amount for an Infiniti that they are a Porsche.

It would be the top trim level for the QX70. Pricing it just below $100,000 I think would be the sweet spot. Still expensive, but in comparison to the cost of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, it looks far more affordable.
well for a comparable Porsche it would cost them $160,000 MSRP, the Infiniti wouldn't be any more than $100,000 - 110,000 OTD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page