2016 Lincoln MKX Will Outshine 2016 Infiniti QX70 - Infiniti QX70 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Default 2016 Lincoln MKX Will Outshine 2016 Infiniti QX70

Searching online for what to expect from the next model year of the Lincoln MKX and the Infiniti QX70 brings up results that are basically polar opposites. Given that this is a competitive segment that both these luxury automakers are hoping to use to bring more repute to their brand, we should expect something that shows quite a bit of effort and passion from both. Indeed, one brand lives up to that expectation, and another does not.

Let's start with the 2016 Lincoln MKX. The new MKX is truly 'new'. It comes with an assortment of ride, steering, braking and design improvements. These updates include more driver-assist systems, adaptive lighting and an auto-hold button that allows you to stay stopped without having a foot on the brake (but at the point you are pressing a button to stop the car, seems to me you might as well just keep your foot on the brake pedal.) The Lincoln MKX will also be the first vehicle built by Ford to get its new adaptive steering system that "makes the car more responsive at highway speeds and requires less effort to steer at slow speeds."

On top of all those improvements to the product, Lincoln plans to welcome back Matthew McConaughey to promote the MKX in a new series of advertisements. If this set is as effective as the last set, it should bring a substantial amount of attention to the new MKX.

So, what is improving with the 2016 Infiniti QX70?

Nothing.

That's right, there are no major updates for this upcoming model year. In fact, the vehicle won't receive a substantial update until 2018 or 2019. That's 3 or 4 years from now.

And it's not only the Lincoln MKX that Infiniti is competing against. Other entrants in the segment are the Cadillac SRX and the Lexus RX. The SRX is currently being completely redesigned and renamed the XT5. Needless to say, that is a substantial update. The RX is set to lose weight by using aluminium in a redesign of the external structure, and it will also get the latest technologies already operational in the Lexus arsenal.

Infiniti only has so many resources to dedicate to new models and updates. I undersatnd that. But they can't expect to be very competitive in this segment when they look at what their competitors are doing. Perhaps the 2018/2019 refresh will bring them back into the fray. Until then the QX70 is going to be lagging behind its competitors.
post #2 of 6 Old 08-24-2015, 03:42 PM

Nice write up but it still doesn't change the fact that the new MKX is not nearly as aesthetically appealing as the current QX70. Of course that's just my opinion but I think you'll find I'm just one, in a crowd of many, who feels the same way.

I believe that Infiniti knows the world is expecting excellence, all around, when it comes to the next gen QX70 and I'm pretty excited to see what they come up with.

2015 QX70S
post #3 of 6 Old 08-27-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DystinctQX View Post
Nice write up but it still doesn't change the fact that the new MKX is not nearly as aesthetically appealing as the current QX70. Of course that's just my opinion but I think you'll find I'm just one, in a crowd of many, who feels the same way.

I believe that Infiniti knows the world is expecting excellence, all around, when it comes to the next gen QX70 and I'm pretty excited to see what they come up with.
Even with the brands new design language, I still don't like what they've done with mainstream models.

So far it seems like their upcoming flagship sedan will be the only one I like when it comes to looks.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-01-2015, 08:18 PM

I really don't care if they do an upgrade or not.

I love the car and plan to get another one when my lease is up. (My fourth FX)

What I am worried about is NOT having the 5.0L engine or some smaller block bi-turbo engine for HORSEPOWER. I have been used to SPEED in my last two FX50S and I fear the ordinary 3.7L will leave me disappointed.

Formerly 2006 FX45 Serengeti Sand and Wheat, Chrome Pillars, Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Formerly 2009 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Presently 2013 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

It's a great car!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2015, 10:19 PM

You will certainly be disappointed going from the V8 to the new V6 if power is your concern. Perhaps time to look at a different brand.

2015 QX70S
post #6 of 6 Old 09-10-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DystinctQX View Post
You will certainly be disappointed going from the V8 to the new V6 if power is your concern. Perhaps time to look at a different brand.
Indeed. But if they can tune the engine to be better on the lower end with torque and overall power it could help.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page