trying to decide between a QX70 and RX - Infiniti QX70 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Default trying to decide between a QX70 and RX

New member here.

At the moment im driving a tahoe and just getting sick of the problems im having with it, deciding to retire the Tahoe and get either a QX70 or RX Lexus. Never owned a Japanese vehicle so I will have to rely on you guys for the info and help I need
post #2 of 21 Old 09-03-2013, 03:55 PM

never was into american vehicles but i think if you had the tahoe and liked it when it was running good you might want to wait for the next gen model that will be shown off soon...

post #3 of 21 Old 09-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Not too familiar with domestics but it was the recalls that scared me and the rest away from even having it as an option. You can go wrong with japanese engineering

post #4 of 21 Old 09-04-2013, 01:28 PM

GM is improving, even Infiniti/Nissan has their problems, the new Pathfinders are having some serious transmissions issues.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uoeno View Post
GM is improving, even Infiniti/Nissan has their problems, the new Pathfinders are having some serious transmissions issues.
Yea but thats because its a piece of Junk CVT. The QX70 will NEVER EVER come with a CVT, that is unless it gets its performance balls chopped off. CVTs provide a delayed throttle response and are more condusive to easy city driving than to full scale burnouts. Trust me the QX70 can do burnouts, I've seen the videos...
post #6 of 21 Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM

doesn't the 2013 FX come with a traditional automatic transmission? i rather have that over a CVT, it will be a transmission that complements the QX70's performance setup
post #7 of 21 Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 AM

I wouldn't be very happy if the new QX70 came with a CVT.

I'd probably skip and just get the RX350 F sport.
uoeno likes this.
post #8 of 21 Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQV6 View Post
I wouldn't be very happy if the new QX70 came with a CVT.

I'd probably skip and just get the RX350 F sport.
that or just wait till it's proven to be a better CVT, who knows, maybe they will improve on it, or drop it from the QX70 and just give us an automatic.
post #9 of 21 Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
New member here.

At the moment im driving a tahoe and just getting sick of the problems im having with it, deciding to retire the Tahoe and get either a QX70 or RX Lexus. Never owned a Japanese vehicle so I will have to rely on you guys for the info and help I need
I own both, so may be able to provide some insight.

I have had a 2006 Lexus Rx400h for years now and have never had any problems with it. It's a good, reliable family car. I wouldn't say that it takes my breath away like it did when I first bought it, but maybe that's because there seems to be an overpopulation of RXs on the road these days.

I just bought the QX70 yesterday, however, because I LOVE it. Had it as a rental during the CO flooding a couple weeks ago and drove it to the top of Pikes Peak. Handles great, looks phenomenal, just a really nice car. I got the midnight mocha with the java interior and I just want to sit in it in the garage all day, but there is work to be done.

The RX does have more cargo space - so keep that in mind if that's an issue. But, if you want sporty, go for the QX
post #10 of 21 Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hh1015 View Post
I own both, so may be able to provide some insight.

I have had a 2006 Lexus Rx400h for years now and have never had any problems with it. It's a good, reliable family car. I wouldn't say that it takes my breath away like it did when I first bought it, but maybe that's because there seems to be an overpopulation of RXs on the road these days.

I just bought the QX70 yesterday, however, because I LOVE it. Had it as a rental during the CO flooding a couple weeks ago and drove it to the top of Pikes Peak. Handles great, looks phenomenal, just a really nice car. I got the midnight mocha with the java interior and I just want to sit in it in the garage all day, but there is work to be done.

The RX does have more cargo space - so keep that in mind if that's an issue. But, if you want sporty, go for the QX
can you post more about your QX70 you picked up in another thread? Im sure people will want to know more, like your out the door price and the details of it, color, trim, pictures, etc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page