2014 Infiniti QX70 - Intelligent Cruise Control (Full Speed Range)(if so equipped) - Infiniti QX70 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 2014 Infiniti QX70 - Intelligent Cruise Control (Full Speed Range)(if so equipped)

2014 Infiniti QX70 - Intelligent Cruise Control (Full Speed Range)(if so equipped)

post #2 of 13 Old 08-27-2013, 05:07 PM

Its about time cruise control got smarter. It is so annoying having to turn cruise control off and on in response to traffic conditions. I will for sure get this feature on whatever Infiniti car I end up buying.

This version of cruise control maintains a certain distance between you and the car in front of you, and it will match the vehicle ahead of you's speed.

I can't wait to try out this feature in a test drive. Has anybody tried it yet. Is it as good as it sounds?
uoeno likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronie View Post
Its about time cruise control got smarter. It is so annoying having to turn cruise control off and on in response to traffic conditions. I will for sure get this feature on whatever Infiniti car I end up buying.

This version of cruise control maintains a certain distance between you and the car in front of you, and it will match the vehicle ahead of you's speed.

I can't wait to try out this feature in a test drive. Has anybody tried it yet. Is it as good as it sounds?
i havent tried it yet but i will as soon as my dealer gets a QX70 demo in, have you contacted your dealer about the new QX?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-03-2013, 04:53 PM

i always seen the FX/QX70 as a great family vehicle with a bit of fun to it and would be great on a road trip depending on how many people you bring along of course. So having intelligent cruise control when you're on the freeway for hours on end will make the journey much better.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-30-2013, 01:38 AM

ALL my FX's have had intelligent cruise control. The 2006 FX45 had it down to 20 mph and the 2009 and 2013 FX50S I have had go down to zero mph. If the car in front of you stops at a red light, all you have to do is steer and the car will nicely stop behind the car in front of you.

Formerly 2006 FX45 Serengeti Sand and Wheat, Chrome Pillars, Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Formerly 2009 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Presently 2013 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

It's a great car!
post #6 of 13 Old 09-30-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboobaba View Post
ALL my FX's have had intelligent cruise control. The 2006 FX45 had it down to 20 mph and the 2009 and 2013 FX50S I have had go down to zero mph. If the car in front of you stops at a red light, all you have to do is steer and the car will nicely stop behind the car in front of you.
Got to love how early Infinti integrated this tech, it must have been nice to be the minority that had this tech at the time
post #7 of 13 Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 PM

I should add that it can be a little unnerving to just sit there and have the car come to a stop all by itself because you, the driver feel kind of powerless while you wait for it to happen. I don't think the passengers can tell, except the car will start to brake a bit later than you probably would as the driver.

It's really great stuck in traffic because it really saves you from having to gas and brake, except if you come to a full stop for two seconds, you have to re-engage the cruise--the speed stays set, but you have to click it to start rolling again. It would be nice if it just started up again regardless how long you were stopped.

Formerly 2006 FX45 Serengeti Sand and Wheat, Chrome Pillars, Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Formerly 2009 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

Presently 2013 FX50S, Umbria Twilight and Wheat, Chrome Pillars. Every manufacturer option except back seat video.

It's a great car!

Last edited by Booboobaba; 09-30-2013 at 11:21 PM.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I should add that it can be a little unnerving to just sit there and have the car come to a stop all by itself because you, the driver feel kind of powerless while you wait for it to happen. I don't think the passengers can tell, except the car will start to brake a bit later than you probably would as the driver.

It's really great stuck in traffic because it really saves you from having to gas and brake, except if you come to a full stop for two seconds, you have to re-engage the cruise--the speed stays set, but you have to click it to start rolling again. It would be nice if it just started up again regardless how long you were stopped.
I think that the danger in that would be having the car stop in traffic for quite some time and then having it just start rolling forward again when you aren't paying attention. Sure, the car shouldn't run into the car in front of it, but you still have to steer and I don't think that it's a good idea to have the car begin moving forward without the driver's initiation. Makes sense to me.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronie View Post
(1) I think that the danger in that would be having the car stop in traffic for quite some time and then having it just start rolling forward again when you aren't paying attention.

(2) Sure, the car shouldn't run into the car in front of it, but you still have to steer and I don't think that it's a good idea to have the car begin moving forward without the driver's initiation. Makes sense to me.
on point #1: it WILL start rolling again after a full two second stop.

on point #2: It WILL run into the car in front of you if you aren't ready to hit the brakes because the ICC does not automatically re-engage after a full two second stop. You have to re-engage it by clicking the "accelerate" button. You CANNOT sleep at the wheel.

It's a great car!

Last edited by Booboobaba; 10-01-2013 at 11:32 PM.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
on point #1: it WILL start rolling again after a full two second stop.

on point #2: It WILL run into the car in front of you if you aren't ready to hit the brakes because the ICC does not automatically re-engage after a full two second stop. You have to re-engage it by clicking the "accelerate" button. You CANNOT sleep at the wheel.
I mean that makes it less useful in traffic than it could be. As cool as the Intelligent Cruise Control is, it can still be improved. It is getting mighty close to autonomous car territory, so now the improvements to be made are really taking driving out of the driver's hands and into the computer chips, cameras, and sensors that are used in all these driver's assistance technologies.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page