Infiniti QX70 Forum

Infiniti QX70 Forum (https://www.infinitiqx70.org/forum/)
-   Infiniti QX70 General Discussion (https://www.infinitiqx70.org/forum/infiniti-qx70-general-discussion/)
-   -   2015 Infiniti QX70 to keep aggressive styling, expand interior space (https://www.infinitiqx70.org/forum/infiniti-qx70-general-discussion/409-2015-infiniti-qx70-keep-aggressive-styling-expand-interior-space.html)

Bronie 09-13-2013 12:48 PM

2015 Infiniti QX70 to keep aggressive styling, expand interior space

The 2015 Infiniti QX70 will keep its aggressive styling, but will expand its interior space says Nissan design boss Shiro Nakamura. The aggressive styling is thought to help boost sales in China and Russia where bold styling that stands out from the crowd is prized. On the other hand, the FX had less cargo space than its rivals the Cayenne and the BMW X5, and this is thought to be a reason for some lost sales.

My main question after reading about this info is, "When Infiniti says its keeping the bold styling of the current model does that mean that the QX70 will receive less influence from the new design language?"

Full story is here.

VQV6 09-13-2013 05:18 PM

I want to see them do this without sacrificing the QX70/FX signature silhouette.

uoeno 09-16-2013 12:21 PM

aggressive styling while still going with infiniti's new design language will be interesting to see

Bronie 09-16-2013 01:08 PM

The design language is pretty aggressive anyway. It would be cool if the new QX70 included the reflexive c column like on the q30 concept. I hope that is used on a lot of the Infiniti vehicles. In order to make the interior have more space will Infiniti make the overall size of the QX70 larger, or will it just move things around instead?

VQV6 09-17-2013 11:43 AM

The FX/QX is a unique model in the Infiniti lineup.

I would like to see how they are going to adapt their new styling into it since it looks very different.

St.Who 09-17-2013 01:14 PM

I think that the QX70 will take nicely to the new design language. It isn't so big that it has nowhere to go, but its size gives it quite the presence. It will likely be an awesome vehicle, especially with this news that it will keep the aggressive styling. Glad to hear about the interior space as well. It is always nice to have extra room. How long until the QX70 gets a redesign? I have a feeling that the QX50 will get attention before the QX70.

VQV6 09-18-2013 08:46 AM

Only time will tell.

The JX/QX60 was recently announced and it looks nothing like the Q50.

I dont necessarily think that all Infiniti cars will look similar to the Q50

The Q50 is a nice looking car but Infiniti needs to be creative and create different looking cars.

TFord 09-18-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VQV6 (Post 1170)
Only time will tell.

The JX/QX60 was recently announced and it looks nothing like the Q50.

I dont necessarily think that all Infiniti cars will look similar to the Q50

The Q50 is a nice looking car but Infiniti needs to be creative and create different looking cars.

Yeah it's only the Q30 and Q50 that look a lot like eachother. If the JX/QX60 looked more like a Q50 it would help it appeal to more people. If there's any SUV that should resemble the Q50, it's the redesigned QX70.

Elixer 09-19-2013 12:36 PM

I can't see them being too similar but it is the front fascia that resembles the most to the Q50. The headlights, the grille and the contours of the front end.

St.Who 09-19-2013 12:39 PM

I'd expect now that the q30 concept came out, there should be renderings of some of the QX models taking the styling cues from it. Infiniti has so many things on the go right now. It is a big time of change for the brand.