2014 QX70 is horrible in slush, snow - Infiniti QX70 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 2014 QX70 is horrible in slush, snow

Hello. I am new to this forum and hoping I can get some input from someone here.

Own a 2014 QX70 with less than 30,000 miles. AWD with 20 inch tires. I live in Colorado and have winter driving experience. Last year whilst driving in just a dusting of snow, car lost all traction and I did a 360 on a 4 lane road. Luckily, I didn't hit anybody but I was very surprised that the car handled so poorly in very light snow conditions. I've been very cautious in even the slightest slush or snow ever since and don't feel like the handling is even remotely adequate, even in SNOW mode. I am white knuckling it all the time! Tires are in good shape but I'm wondering if I should consider winter tires? Thoughts?

Kelli
Old 08-24-2019, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would say yes. AWD is no substitute for a good set of winter tires. I have a summer set for my X5 and I also have a winter set mounted on rims I keep stored. Winter tires are made with softer rubber and usually a more aggressive tread pattern. I live in the upper Midwest and we have experienced a lot of snow. I drove in light to absolutely snow squal conditions this last winter and with my snow tires on the X5 it was planted on the road at all times. I plan on doing the same thing with my new to me 2014 QX70 AWD once it arrives in a week or so.